BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Search My Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Crustless Zesty Lemon Pie

One of the things I always crave, whether dieting or not, is sweets. I can’t help it, I love sugar! Luckily with all of the sugar-free products out there, I can satisfy my craving for sugar with the fake stuff.

The other day I was really wanting something sweet and good. I found a recipe for a lemon pie with no crust. Since I don’t have a pie pan I just made it in an 8x8 baking pan. The recipe is as follows:

1 container (32 oz.) plain nonfat yogurt
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) lemon sugar free gelatin
1 tsp. finely grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp. ground ginger

MIX yogurt and dry gelatin in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2-1/2 min. or until gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring after 1-1/2 min. Stir in lemon peel and ginger.
POUR into 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until set. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.

I also didn’t have any ground ginger. Usually if I need ginger I just use fresh, and since this was kind of a spur of the moment decision to make, I didn’t even have any of that. Instead I substituted some mixed spice I have that has ginger as the first ingredient.

Here is my square “pie” after being refrigerated for a few hours:

IMG_0502 

To serve it I just added a dollop of light Cool Whip. I know that added a little bit of calories, but it just made it seem even better!

IMG_0510  IMG_0509

It ended up being delicious, and was just what I needed to calm my craving for something sugary. It had a great texture, and the taste was great. It couldn’t have been any easier to make!

One of these days I may try making this recipe and then crumbling up some meringue on top of it to try and make it like a lemon meringue pie. I think it would be really good!

This is another recipe I will definitely be making again. It’s nice to have it already made up in the refrigerator for when I want a treat. It stores really well for at least a couple days. Mine was eaten within a couple days, so I can’t speak for any longer than that!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks delicious! I cant wait to come up and visit so you can make me lots of tasty food :0)

Megan said...

It was super good. I'd like to try it with the lime jello, but I can't find it in sugar free up here :-(

Unknown said...

Im going to Walmart today, I'll pick up some SF Lime jello for you and bring it on Friday